Sunday 29 April 2012

Somebody that I used to know.




Now and then I think of when we were together/Like when you said you felt so happy you could die/Told myself that you were right for me/But felt so lonely in your company/But that was love and it's an ache I still remember//You can get addicted to a certain kind of sadness/Like resignation to the end, always the end/So when we found that we could not make sense/Well/you said that we would still be friends/But I'll admit that I was glad it was over//But you didn't have to cut me off/Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing/And I don't even need your love/But you treat me like a stranger and I feel so rough/No you didn't have to stoop so low/Have your friends collect your records and then change your number/I guess that I don't need that though/Now you're just somebody that I used to know//Now and then I think of all the times you screwed me over/Part of me believing it was always something that I'd done/But I don't wanna live that way/Reading into every word you say/You said that you could let it go/And I wouldn't catch you hung up on somebody that you used to know//But you didn't have to cut me off/Make out like it never happened and that we were nothing/And I don't even need your love/But you treat me like a stranger and I feel so rough/And you didn't have to stoop so low/Have your friends collect your records and then change your number/I guess that I don't need that though/Now you're just somebody that I used to know.

No comments:

Post a Comment